Robert Bissell: The Whole World Pz1000
Bissell’s bears—contemplative and curious—seem to lead lives as complex and thought-filled as those led by humans. His paintings invite a sense of wonder and appreciation for our precarious connection with the natural world. The lead character of The Whole World seems equally mesmerized by the vast sky and the tiny butterflies and dragonflies, while soaking in a calm lake. You’ll fixate on a ladybug or two, some bees, a snail, a hummingbird. and a jumping fish while piecing together this 1,000-piece puzzle.
- Pomegranate luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
- High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
- Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
- Produced using thick recycled paper board
- Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
- Box size: 13 x 10 x 1.875 in.
- Puzzle size: 27 x 20 in.
In Robert Bissell’s magical realism paintings, animals are a mirror for human existence, self-definition, and reflection. Bissell grew up on a farm in the English countryside, immersed in a world of animals and literature, and he incorporates both in his art and writings. His explorations of zoomorphism—portraying humans as non-humans—prompt us to ponder the environment, death and renewal, the stages of transition, and the mystery of life. He invokes a sense of peace and harmony in his allegorical paintings and dreamy landscapes, and continually investigates the nature of spirit. He divides his time between London and San Francisco and exhibits regularly in the UK and the US.